D4 Role Description – Coordinator of AJA Monthly Meetings and Events
Role Description – Coordinator of AJA Monthly Meetings and Events
- In consultation with Council, find speakers for monthly meetings.
- Keep office informed of current bookings using the office pro forma for the website entries
- Send speakers a confirmation of appointment and fee claim form. (Sample letter attached; claim form in Appendix to Handbook).
- Liaise with speakers to obtain blurb, image and bio from each speaker. These are to be sent to the office for Sandy to design the flyer.
- Report on current changes to programme to Council each month.
- Outside Speakers: Write after the event to thank them for their contribution with cheque (or hand over on day) if they have asked to be paid in this way.
- AJA Speakers: Write after the event to thank them and reminding them to send in their claim form.
- As at September 2013 the honorarium for speakers is £75. In the rare event when there are two speakers, both receive £75. For a one-off panel we have agreed to pay £100 split 4 ways.
- Collect money on the door from external visitors to monthly meetings. Pass this money to the office with a list of visitors and their email addresses.
- Try to have events arranged about a year in advance with flexibility for readings in.
- Arrange occasional study days. Flyers should show fees and booking arrangements via KVT with prior payment details (internet bank or cheque to KVT address).
- KVT is responsible for payment and collection of all moneys except fees collected on the door which should go to Sandy